Super Mario reunites families as the original players from the 1980s are now parents and their kids are just as into these classic characters as their parents. It’s time to make everyone’s childhood birthday party dreams come true with a super duper Super Mario Party! And just when you think a full blown kids party can be time consuming and expensive, turn to these Super Mario party hacks to make it easier and affordable!
DISCLOSURE: I am a contributor for the websites seen in this post however, the opinions expressed here are all my own. This is NOT a sponsored post. This post may also feature affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally have used and stand behind. To learn more, please review my disclosure policy here.
I had the honor of once again styling a fun party theme for Wholesale Party Supplies with their fun Super Mario party collection! And I, of course, turned to all my favorite party hack tips but also came up with more to make this party fun!
While many of these party hacks and printable items are specific to this theme, consider the advice for other themes down the road!
- Dress up store bought treats with printables – These chocolate pudding cups can easily become Piranha plants with the help of these free printables!
- Double up on Halloween and the birthday party – If they already love characters, considering getting them a costume featuring one as a special surprise for the party that they can later sport for Halloween (or even for pretend play!)
- Look at basic party accessories in a new light – You might not have noticed how much a poop emoji looks like a Goomba from Super Mario but I did! With some minor additions I was able to upgrade the poop emoji piñata into a Goomba piñata your Super Mario loving fans will be happy to swat at!
- Cookie cutters are not just for cookies! My basic star cookie cutters helped turn one of my favorite kid friendly desserts, Rice Krispies Treats, into Super Star treats.
- Say their name, say their name – Find a way to incorporate the birthday boy or girl’s name in the party décor. This is most easily done with the help of a paper garland. I made this one using my Cricut to create simple stars and bold letters.
- Shop your house – My green recycling can makes a great pipe for Mario to pop out of, don’t you think?
- Decorate high and low – I used poster board and paper shapes to make the happy clouds for the backdrop of my dessert table and a paper lantern and Amazon box to create a chain chomper under the table to fit the party theme.
Check out my other party hack posts here, including Toy Story, Beauty and the Beast and Trolls!