DISCLOSURE: I am a contributor for the websites seen in this post however, the opinions expressed here are all my own. This is NOT a sponsored post. This post may also feature affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally have used and stand behind. To learn more, please review my disclosure policy here.
Minecraft the game launched in 2009 and now celebrates its tenth year as one of the best selling video games! Whether your child has been playing since day one or a new player, they’ll really dig this Minecraft Party setup you create for their big day! Check out these Minecraft party hacks, including how to style, decoration ideas and what to serve your guests.
Once again, I had the honor of styling this party for Wholesale Party Supplies using their fun line of Minecraft party goods. While many of these tips are theme specific, some are just general bits of advice about party planning! See the full collection of my party hacks post here.
- Camouflage your risers. The stone wall backdrop used for this Minecraft party comes in a 30 ft roll. That’s plenty to use directly behind your dessert table, along the full wall of your party space or to wrap cardboard boxes used to vary the height of your dessert table.
- Create your own desserts. You don’t have to have a bakery to create themed foods that the kids will love. The cake here is a boxed cake, frosted with white icing and with red fruit roll ups cut into squares as the decoration. The “grass blocks” are just brownies topped with my new favorite tip #233 that looks like grass!
- Transform your seating! Create no-sew Creeper chair covers using fabric and hot glue to transform those basic aluminum chairs we all have. Visit the Wholesale Party Supplies blog for the free printable of the face and more info on how to make these to fit the standard party chair!
- Break out your toys. If you’re child already has toys featuring the theme’s characters, use them in your party setup!
- Don’t hang the piñata yet. Pinatas are fun as a party activity, but they can also be used prior to play on your dessert table as a decoration.
- Don’t feel like you have to hide everything. When doing wall backdrops, I tend to try my best to hide my painter’s tape usage and create loops behind the backdrop. But in this case, my FrogTape brand painter’s tape was the exact color of the party scheme so I kept it visual as a clean line across the top.
- Mix party basics with licensed items. One of my favorite budget saving party hacks includes transforming basic solids into a themed item from a brand. In this case, I created a simple printable wrap that can be added to red cups to represent the TNT icons used in Minecraft. Grab this free printable for your party!
Visit the Wholesale Party Supplies blog for more Minecraft party ideas, include more free printables!