DISCLOSURE: I am a contributor for the websites seen in this post however, the opinions expressed here are all my own. This is NOT a sponsored post. This post may also feature affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally have used and stand behind. To learn more, please review my disclosure policy here.
Are you planning to throw an enchanted Beast and the Beast themed birthday party for your little girl? No need to go over the top with an expensive party planner! Follow along as I share 6 Beauty and the Beast Party Hacks to make your birthday party a magical one at an affordable price!
I had the honor of styling this Beauty and the Beast party for Birthday in a Box and Brielle, my oldest, was definitely enchanted by this theme!
Work your party styling magic and style up a great dessert table full of hints from this beloved Disney classic. Here are some party hacks I used to make this fun party theme come to life but many of these party hacks can be used in other themes:
- DIY a floating rose with household items! I did not have a bell cloche in my possession so I DIYed my own! A glass vase, gold plastic bowl, fake rose and wooden knob were easily transformed into the special floating rose staged in the West Wing.
- Create a faux stained glass look. Whether you fill your table with a small spot of tea from Mrs. Potts or go all out like Luminere’s staff, you’ll love specializing your display with this faux stained glass free printable! Feel free to download this freebie to invite your guests.
- Use foam core to create a faux wall for your backdrop. I like to shoot in my kitchen as it’s the most spacious and provides the best nature light. It does, however, have a window behind the table so I often have to get creative to block this space. This Beauty and the Beast party features a book page backdrop made by gluing old book sheets onto four pieces of foam core that were attached back to back.
- Personalized items can be converted into other things. Birthday in a Box offers these luggage tags that you can personalize for different party themes. I’ve used this trick several times, but I love to personalize the tag, trim the luggage tag hole and turn it into a food sign.
- Create semi homemade desserts. Like most birthday celebrations, chances are there are lots of dessert options to put out for guests. Make one larger batch of your dessert but make it seem fancier in it’s own glass, bowl or cup. Cut up a batch of brownies and add them to baking cups. Bake cupcakes from a box but whip out your piping bag and fancy tip to add a pretty frosting swirl and edible rose sprinkle on top!
- Dress up plastic cups with glitter. Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious and it’s even more appealing when you glitter the stem to plastic cups! This is one of my favorite ways to dress up a plain cup to help match the party color scheme.
I’m pretty sure I’m making my girls jaded to the fun of parties since we host them in our house twice a month. They are pretty trained to know not to touch any of my party details since they know they are rewarded with the party props after the shoots are over!
Especially shoots that involve a beautiful Belle dress! Visit Birthday in a Box to see more details on themed tableware and party ideas for this Beauty and the Beast themed party.