DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. Additionally it should be noted that I freelance for one of the companies, Alex Brands, which is mentioned in this post. Any opinions expressed on these items are solely my own and not that of my employer. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
Honestly, this is a post that I work on THE ENTIRE YEAR! When I find a cool product our family thoroughly enjoys, I make note of it so I can share it with you at the end of the year. I hope some of these items might be in line with someone on your holiday shopping list! You can see the 2014 version here and 2015 version here with even more gift giving ideas!
- Lisa Leonard Jumble of Charms Personalized Hand Stamped Necklace – Last Christmas I was only 3 months post partum and not really wanting clothes or wearables until I hopefully lost more baby weight. I did ask for one specific gift – one of these necklaces personalized with Derek and the girls’ names. I LOVE IT and wear it as often as I can. I highly recommend this for moms, grandmas, new brides and any sentimental women! Follow them on their social media for deals!
- Vera Bradley Smartphone Wristlet – From small clutches or diaper bags to large totes – I have them all from Vera Bradley! Ok not really but I do have my fair share of these well made bags. I tend to jump around between styles depending on the needs. I used the overnight tote bag for plenty of long weekend trips, the diaper bag when I first had Brielle (as gifted by SOTD Contributor and my sister-in-law Lauren at my baby shower), switched over to the backpack style diaper bag when traveling to Disney, and now enjoy the wristlet as an on the go mom of a baby and toddler. I can easily throw it in my diaper bag to use it as a wallet or grab just the wristlet and have the basics that I need to shop. I can fit my Samsung Galaxy S6 in the pocket, if needed.
- Miss Pottery Personalized Ring Dish – When my friend Cherylin got engaged, I found the Miss Pottery Etsy shop and the artist Melissa custom made her a beautiful ring dish with her and her fiance’s name. I gifted another for a newly engaged friend, Brianne and eventually got my own! Mine sits on Derek’s dresser most days (as it’s tall and the girls won’t get it) and we both keep our rings on there at night. I LOVE IT! It’s not only beautiful and personalized, but is great quality and something I know will be around for a long time keeping our rings safe! (and PS if you remember from my Etsy shop feature post, she makes lots of other ceramic items as well so check out her shop!)
- Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube – I don’t consider myself a beauty blogger or even one who wears makeup well but I do know that this primer is awesome. I usually wear it on days or nights that I know will be long (working trade shows or going to a wedding) and I want my makeup to look as fresh as possible for as long as possible. It helps stop eyeshadow from rubbing off and just sitting with that eyeshadow crease on your lid. The tube also goes a long way as you need very little for each use so don’t be scared about the product size!
- Matrix Biolage Keratindose Pro-Keratin Spray – You know your hair always looks more awesome when the hair dresser does it than when you do? Well it does for me so I bought one of the hair products my hair dresser uses on me when drying it straight. My hair has less frizz, feels smoother and has a shine to it when using this stuff. I use it both when I go curly or straight and highly recommend!
- Rummikub – I have many memories of this game growing up, playing at my grandma’s house with my parents or with Derek as an at home date when Brielle was little. You use the rules of card rummy and try to build a run of numbers or groups of the same number in different colors. Players take turn to manipulate the playing field of tiles so anyone who loves strategy, planning games would enjoy this 2-4 player game.
- Contingo Tumblers and Contingo Kids Autospout Reusable Water Bottles – Since I’ve been pregnant or nursing for over 3 years now, I always have a refillable water cup with me. I’ve tried my fair share of brands and have settled on the Contingo brand as my favorite. They don’t “sweat” with condensation outside the cup. The straw stays in tight and doesn’t move around when you carry it like others I had. It fits in car cupholders and it’s just darn perfect. I bought Brielle one of the kid water bottles which are great to bring on the go with the spout that closes tight. She is not a big drinker but drinks so much more when toting this water bottle around. I stuck this in the “family” category as really everyone could use some encouragement to drink more water! We ended up getting two more kid ones for Brielle and even bought one for my nephew Blake for school to keep everyone hydrated!
- Experience gifts! If a child on your list is already overloaded with toys and doesn’t need any more, consider an experience gift and gift them some fun! Black Friday is a great time to keep a lookout for deals at the local aquarium, amusement park or children’s museum gift certificates. Hey Central Jersey – check out my full list of favorite places we love and consider a gift certificate to give the family you love!
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Pals – When Brielle filled up her first Potty Chart with stickers she got a special gift, this character set! It’s been well loved ever since, especially since they’re easy to take on the go!
- Sandwich Cutters – I don’t know how or when but at some point Brielle developed a dislike for the crusts. Why do we all go through this stage? I picked up these sandwich cutters, which creates very little waste and makes cute designs. Puzzle pieces are currently her favorite, but she likes the others too! As mentioned on a previous post, these would make great stocking stuffers!
- Highlights Hello Magazine – You probably remember Highlights magazine as a kid, (I loved the black and white pages where you had to hunt for specific items!) but now they have a new style made for babies. Derek’s Gramma got Brielle a subscription to this cute magazine and she loved to receive an issue in the mail! The pages aren’t paper so they are chewable by younger children or easily able to be wipes clean. They have short stories, poems and pictures where you hunt for objects. Brielle now “reads” her issues to Hailey as she’s heard us say them so many times. BONUS: They fit in a diaper bag, backseat pocket of the car or the bottom of the stroller so we always have an issue to “read” and look at when out and about.
- All inclusive preschool arts and crafts kits – For disclosure’s sake I have to mention that the company that makes these is one of my clients but I’m sharing this today as a happy mom who likes a product, not an employee. Brielle has REALLY been into “doing projects” for some time and I love these kits from Alex. Each box includes several activities that are individually bagged so you can pull one out for a rainy afternoon or when you need to make dinner. They don’t include written instructions but have photos to teach them how to make it and they are pretty easy to follow. Brielle loved both the Ready Set Cut and Ready Set Paste kits and is now working through the My Giant Busy Box. (Don’t tell her but she’s also getting Ready Set Count for Christmas!)
- Color Wonder Markers and Books – Brielle got a Frozen set for her 3rd birthday and has been practicing coloring in the lines ever since! These Color Wonder markers ONLY color on the Color Wonder books, and not their clothes, hands, furniture or anything else you don’t want you child to draw on.
- Books, books and more books! In May my guest poster, Carrie, shared her favorite books for boys under 6 and in September I shared our favorite bedtime books. Also, Brielle has recently been OBSESSED with Mix it Up which makes the artist in me really happy! Kids can never have enough books so consider one of these!
- Shutterfly Placemat – Not only are these great for the table when eating but they are also awesome as a crafting surface! They wipe clean and are great for playdoh, fingerpainting or even a protective surface for glue sticks! Customize them with a photo and include with some art supplies for a cute bundled gift!
- Top 10 Favorite Toddler Items for Age 2 – This post includes TONS of gift recommendations of items Brielle enjoyed from age 18 months to age 3!
- Potty Training Gift Basket – if you know a toddler on the verge of potty training, consider putting together some training accessories and potty themed books as a gift! You can find potty training items on this post from earlier this year.