DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
If you’re kids are anything like mine then they love to “read” books. Whether it’s flipping through them to feel like textured pages like my one year old does or “reading” them aloud (aka reciting their own version of the story) like my 3 year old does. And if you’re anything like my husband and I, then you’re sick of reading the same ones and are always welcoming to a new set of bedtime books!
I recently polled my mom friends and we compiled a list of our favorite bedtime books. Check out the below suggestions if you’re looking to grow your collection or need a sweet baby shower gift!
- Goodnight Moon – because everyone loves a bowl full of mush! (PS have you seen the Goodnight IPAD parody for techies? haha)
- Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Softly Book – If you’re a fan of Dr. Seuss than you’ll love this silly version about who is sleeping and where or what they sleep on. Brielle and Hailey both enjoyed this at an early age since there are some interactive textural pages!
- Kiss Good Night – Reiterates all the things Sam the bear needs before bed (milk, blanket, books friends) and ends with mom giving lots of kisses.
- Llama Llama Red Pajama – I got Brielle this book once she was transitioning from her crib to her toddler bed. Llama Llama is a little nervous going to sleep but the message given is that mommy (or daddy) is right downstairs and nearby while he sleeps and to not be afraid.
- Good Night World – There is a full series of these books that say goodnight to some familiar locations (Good Night Zoo, Good Night Farm and Good Night Beach, just to name a few) but also ones for your state, like Good Night New Jersey, or cities, like Good Night New York City. PS I haven’t read it but did see they also have a Good Night North Pole which would be a great read for the holiday season!
- The Going-To-Bed – Seriously anything by Sandra Boyton is a win for little kids!
- Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site – any construction equipment lovers out there?
- Good Night Gorilla
- Disney’s 5 Minute Snuggle Stories – for all those Disney fans out there!
- Guess How Much I Love You – to the moon and back!
- Lullaby and Goodnight
- Daddy Hugs – a new addition Hailey gave Derek has part of our Father’s Day dad book tradition!
- Personalized Goodnight Little Me book from I See Me – We were gifted this book when Brielle was born (thanks Allie!) and now at three years old she loves to read it as she can identify her name which is printed on every page! I highly recommend a personalized book for kids and this particular design is beautifully illustrated! (Check out my full list of personalized gift ideas for kids here!)