Rice Krispies treats might be one of the easiest treats to add to your party dessert table, as they are made of easy to access materials that are low cost, delicious and quick to transform into the sticky creation we all love.
Over the years I’ve found ways to put this versatile dessert into lots of fun party themes, with some ideas as simple as adding a color and cutting them out of a cookie cutter and others including forming them with my bare hands. Here are 10+ Rice Krispies Treats Ideas myself, or my fellow craft stylist Elizabeth, have worked up in our dozens of assignments for Wholesale Party Supplies and Birthday in a Box websites.
- O the Owl from Daniel Tiger Party – Those familiar with this PBS show, will recognize O the Owl as one of the wise friends of Daniel. You could easily take this design concept, which mixes food coloring, OREOs and Reeses pieces and use them for owls at a graduation, woodland creature, or fall party!
- Frankenstein – Dye these green, add some eyes, marshmallow bolts, and you’ve got a monstrous creature for your Halloween party
- Mermaid stars – Grab one of those jars of mixed sprinkles that are so trendy and a star cookie cutter and you have yourself some sparkly creations to add to your Under the Sea, Little Mermaid or Mermaid birthday party dessert table.
- Super Mario Stars – Use that same star cookie cutter and two slits with black icing to create the super stars Mario has to grab to become invincible!
- Shimmer and Shine party treat – Cookie cutter plus some strategic sprinkles and you have genie bottles for those genie sisters!
- Watermelon Party – This is one of my favorite things to bring to a summer barbecue as it’s not a common treat and a great alternative to chocolate options. To create this, follow the traditional Rice Kripsies Treats recipe, making 1/3 in green for the rind and 2/3 in pink for the watermelon flesh.
- Ugly Sweater – Break out all your shaped winter sprinkles and work your magic to make a set of Rice Krispies Treats sweaters you probably wouldn’t wear, but would love to eat!
- Dinosaur Party – Green icing, cookie cutter and an icing eyeball and you have yourself a bunch of t-rex treats
- Carrots – Green and orange food coloring and a cookie cutter and these carrots are perfect for Easter!
- Rice Krispies Treats Pumpkins – great for fall, a treat at Thanksgiving or a Halloween dessert! Just add some orange food coloring and a Tootsie roll stem and you’re all set!