Are you gearing up to celebrate a birthday for your Toy Story fan? Do you want to throw a birthday party but don’t want to spend a ton? Check out these Toy Story Party Hacks to save you some dough and make you proud you can put together a fun themed bash!
DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy.
I was recently tasked with styling a Toy Story party featuring these lovable characters! While these party hacks are showcasing ideas for a Toy Story theme, many of them can translate over to other party themes.
- DIY your backdrop – Sure you can buy those fun party backdrops that feature all the characters or you can easily DIY your own using plastic table cloths, paper plates (you know they are my jam) and paper cut outs! Grab this free SVG file of the red stars that make up the balls and the white clouds!
- Use cardboard boxes to give some height – Skip the cake stands for this party and play up the plot from the movie using cardboard boxes instead. It was the way Andy packed up his toys for the big family move!
- Mix character themed items with solids and basic prints – This is my go to way to make any character tableware items stand out at a party without feeling like it’s taking over.
- Feature the birthday child’s name – Find a creative way to make the birthday girl or boy feel even more special by featuring their name somewhere in the party setup. Add it to garlands, feature it throughout the food options or, in this case, turn white square boxes into faux alphabet blocks spelling out their name to fit the Toy Story theme. UPDATE: you can now get the free SVG cut file and follow my tutorial to make these faux alphabet blocks for your party!
- Skip the fancy bakery cake and go the semi homemade approach – Turn a grocery store cake into a delicious dessert table centerpiece by adding some toy soldiers and a DIY cake topper. This one came together thanks to my Cricut Explore Air 2!
- Add a pop of color with Jello – Look for an upcoming post on all the creative ways I’ve decorated cups to fit the party theme but for this Toy Story party, 3 simple googly eyes glued to each cup instantly made them to the alien creatures from that worship the claw!
- Find printables to dress up your party – Look on Pinterest or Etsy for party printables that fit your party theme. Free ones, like these Slinky Dog hot dog printables, or purchased ones you can find on Etsy are great as they are often a single download that you can print as many times as you need!
Like these Party Hacks? Check out others I’ve previously shared for other party themes: