DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
Consider comfortable costumes for your kids this Halloween! Learn how to create the most adorable tiger Halloween Costumes base on a black hoodie or a black onesie for a pair of siblings!
In an effort to continue making my kids’ Halloween costumes as long as possible, I began brainstorming this year’s concepts at the end of August. Like most toddlers, Brielle is really into animals and likes to say “I’m a tiger momma! ROAR” so this year’s choice of costume came pretty easily. Tiger it is… for both her and Hailey!
I originally wanted to use orange clothes as the base but failed to find any and went with black instead. Hailey got a onesie as the base while Brielle got a hoodie.
A yard of orange felt from a bolt at Walmart and two sheets of white and black felt was all I needed to transform these blank pieces into the tiger design. TIP: When working with felt a great pair of scissors helps for a clean cut! I previously mentioned loving these Fiskars 8 Inch Amplify Mixed Media Shears when working on my Quiet Book for Brielle and had yet another great experience with them this time around! I HIGHLY recommend these scissors!
To create the tiger look, I cut some rough stripe shapes from the orange felt and used hot glue to add them on. I didn’t plan out a pattern at all. I just laid out the stripes making sure pieces hung off the edge of the clothing to wrap around for a 360 design.
For the pants I rolled up a piece of black felt into a tube shape and sewed it on the back of the pants for a tail.
I added some stripes and it became Brielle’s favorite part of her costume!
Look how cute it looks from behind!
A oval piece of white felt covered the belly to complete the tiger’s body design.
For Brielle’s costume I sewed on two ears directly to her hoodie, while Hailey’s were attached to little silver clips that I clipped onto a black headband.
In total the supplies cost me about $20 and I was able to make two totally unique handmade costumes!
I can’t wait to see them on Halloween or Brielle’s daycare parade!