In honor of the 4 year Blog-i-versary of Spotofteadesigns.com, I thought it’d be fun to look back at the highlights that happened over the past four years! To celebrate I’m also offering up a giveaway to my lovely readers.
October 30th, 2010 – The first year of Spotofteadesigns.com
- I launched Spot of Tea Designs on a basic wordpress platform and planned to document my creative projects. The first project was the Pollock inspired painting in our master bathroom. (Yes the first thing I show off was my toilet haha)
- Fact: during this first year, I chose to only focus my creative projects and graphic designs, so you won’t find any faces or that many names listed on these pages.
- I put my Thirty Before 30 list out there in blogland in hopes that releasing it to the world would motivate me to complete it! (If you read my recap, you’ll see I didn’t finish it all but did pretty good!)
October 30th, 2011 – Spotofteadesigns.com Turns One!
- I created two series which are still running today. I began challenging my readers with Use Your Stash Challenges to use products already in their homes but in new ways, and Handmade with Love, which shows all the awesome handmade items I’ve received from family and friends.
- I did a very poor job of showing off my creative crafting space! (Mental note to do a new post showcase it’s current set up with nicer BRIGHTER photos)
- I became an aunt for the first time and thus began the first posts mentioning anything about kids!
- This was the year of the weddings! I was a bridesmaid for my friend Vanessa, Maid of Honor for my bestie Allie, and got married in September! Many of my posts focused on the bridal showers I helped throw, DIY gifts given, and DIY Wedding crafts.
- The night before we went to Hawaii, Derek came home with a Canon Rebel camera dramatically transforming many of the photos shown on my site.
October 30th, 2012 – Spotofteadesigns.com Turns Two!
- We not only welcomed our beautiful baby girl, but also became an aunt again – twice, from both sides of our family!
- Much of the year was focused on baby crafts for my little one and her pink, white and grey nursery.
- I added Parenting as a monthly topic, sharing my perspective as a first time mom.
October 30th, 2013 – Spotofteadesigns.com Turns Three!
- My First Time Mom posts began gaining in popularity. In fact, thanks to Pinterest, this dos and don’ts one is still my most popular post EVER by far! (and it’s still one of my favorite pictures of Brielle and I!)
- With a little one at home and less time to be creative, I welcomed more guests posts from creative friends, even adding a “contributors” section to highlight those who share often.
- Upgraded to self hosting! This opened up abilities to partner with more brands which included opportunities for reviews and giveaways to my awesome readers! (Thanks again for making that happen, Pauselius!)
October 30th, 2014 – Spotofteadesigns.com Turns Four!
- This year I hope to bring you more inspiring tutorials and more awesome giveaways with brilliant brands.
- I want to try some new crafting techniques that I’ve had my eye on, including Freezer Stenciling, Glass Etching, String Art, and a Furniture Makeover.
- I’d like to create a “Reader’s Feature” post showing projects that were inspired by my tutorials, reviews and posts here on Spotofteadesigns.com. To submit a project, please email me at tara(at)spotofteadesigns(dot)com
To celebrate I thought it was only appropriate to provide a gift for my lovely readers!
Since the basis of the blog was the papercrafted projects I made, I’ve put together an assortment of handmade cards (in this DIY fabric bag) for one lucky winner! You’ll find one of these, these and these in the collection along with a few other goodies not shared online!
Enter by November 6th via the Raffletopter widget above or mobile users, enter via this link. (Please note: US Residents only!)