I was inspired by Making It Lovely’s 30 Before Thirty list and decided to make one for myself. It’s not about a bucket list or even a list of ridiculous things you can’t really achieve. It’s a list of things that are doable, but still require some inspiration and motivation. I officially “launched” my 30 Before 30 list June 2nd 2010, and today marks only 6 months for me to complete the rest of my list!
Thought I’d share my list as inspiration and motivation to others to make a similar list!
- Make a painting for my house. – DONE “create” painting for craft room, pollock style for bathroom
- Throw an awesome party. – DONE. I know this my personal opinion but I enjoyed throwing our housewarming bbq last August so I consider this accomplished.
- Officially stop biting my nails/cuticles.
- Design/Alter a piece of clothing and wear it.
- Become my own last name pet peeve. (Explanation: my boyfriend’s last name is a first name, which used to be my pet peeve) AS DONE AS I CAN GET! We’re Engaged and have a September 2012 wedding planned, exactly 7 months after my 30th birthday! I’m completely happy with this one being partially done an on it’s way! :)
- Take a multi state road trip. DONE road tripping from NJ to VA to visit Miss A
- Cook a delicious dinner from scratch.
- Design 7 more successfully selling items for my cafepress site. DONE and then some! (1 Here for the cupcakes, 2 Anti Clown, 3 Holiday Snail Mail,4 T-Shirt Time,5 couponaholic,6 Penn State,7 I love u in braille 8 Typography Nerd, 9 It’s a Boy)
- Go on a sightseeing, non strictly beach vacation with D. DONE California Jan 2011
- Be a consistent size 4. The problem right now is I’m close but not consistent.
- Run another official race. DONE Art of Running June 2011
- Go to a wine tasting at a winery. DONE L’s Bridal Shower shower Oct 2010
- Make cupcakes from scratch. DONE! Favorites Party
- Completely decorate one room in the house. (working on the living room to be this!)
- Increase my average daily water consumption. DONE! Double Insolation cup purchased and used!
- Do the “one picture a day for one month” challenge. -DONE. December 2010. Inspired by Ali Edwards, I highly recommending everyone try this at least for one month of their life. It helps to capture all the little details of life you don’t notice but are fun to document.
- Buy something cool at an antique store.
- Find a new yummy drink. DONE Peach Sangria. Ingredients: 1 bottle Riesling, 1/2 cup peach schnapps,2 shots triple sec, 1/2 liter ginger ale, 1/4 cup or less of sugar, 2 peaches cut up, strawberries. Directions: mix all these ingredients the night before serving.
- Visit a zoo or amusement park which I have never visited before. DONE! October 2011. Philadelphia Zoo
- Go on a multi mile hike. (Sue?)
- Fill in the journaling on all my outstanding unfinished scrapbook pages.
- Learn about my money investments (401K). DONE. Just signed up for the 401k at my new company and therefore had to review my past investments and choose new ones!
- Find a new vegetable I like. DONE! I’ve learned to tolerate brocolli.
- Have a spa day with a friend.
- Host a crafting day/party. DONE Girls crafting party in VA. November 2010
- Create an adult’s guest room (not a blow up mattress and misc furniture pieces like I have now). DONE!
- Make one of those fun coordinated dessert tables for a party. DONE! Favorites party
- Go on a romantic date which requires me wearing a dress.
- DIY a piece of furniture for the house. – DONE! Folding chairs DIY
- Find a favorite lip gloss. (trying a few recent purchases. I’ll reveal if i found a new usable one!)
I’ve been blogging long enough to create a 40 Before Forty list too! Check out the ideas here!
Love this! We are inspired and tracking our own 30 Before 30 lists, would love an update for your 40 Before 40 :)