It’s that time of the year! It’s time to recap all that happened in the months before and start to look at the year ahead. Your feed are probably already filled with recap posts, of the top 10 posts of the year, the Instagram best nine images and also the start of people talking about their one word challenge for the new year.
Today I’m sharing the Top 10 posts launched in 2017. These are, of course, not the top traffic posts of the blog overall (as nothing will seemingly ever beat my First Time Mom Dos and Don’ts) but it’s certainly fun to look back at the year and see what resonated with my readers!
Top 10 Posts of 2017 (Launched this year):
- Watermelon Canvas Art – When your girls share a birthday and you only throw on REAL party a year then you work those DIY skills for some fun party props! I partnered with Deco Art for this post showcasing their new Premium paints which I’ve been using on many projects since and still love them as much as when I made these canvases!
- DIY party backdrop stand – While this isn’t a post written by myself it’s a fun feature from my long time crafty friend, Liz. She created this awesome party backdrop stand that she’s used for quite a few parties now!
- Moana Party Printables – apparently there’s a lot of Moana party plans this year as this post has been HOT, especially the last month!
- Elf on the shelf for a 4 year old – While this wasn’t my most popular Elf on the Shelf post of the year (the post for 2 year olds is still my most popular to date), many parents must be looking for more activities and hiding ideas so they landing on this post! Don’t fret friends, as I’ve already started on my post for 5 year olds for next year!
- Favorite products for a 3 year old – My favorite products series is still well loved by Pinterest followers! Pin the posts and save them for when you’re shopping for birthday or holiday gifts as I’m now seeing my younger daughter love all the same items her sister loved at the same age!
- DIY Despicable me Costumes – I’m so happy to see this made the list as I loved making these and my girls loved wearing them! In fact, after the holiday these hats became their regular hats to wear and people compliment how cute they are every time they wear them!
- Watermelon utensil holders – Yet another post built around the watermelon theme designed for my daughter’s birthday! If you were wondering where the full party reveal post is, I ended up saving it for 2018! By the time we had the late August party and I worked on the post, it was too far into fall and people were way over the summer vibe. I will be sharing this summer so get ready for more watermelon goodness!
- Pink & Yellow Toddler Bedroom – Brielle’s bright and sunny room still makes me smile, though it has changed even more since this shoot earlier in the year! She has now been upgraded to a big girl bed so maybe an updated post is due soon!
- Dynamite candy tube – Dads love puns and cheesey jokes so I can see why this post was so popular this summer!
- Box of Sunshine – I love a good themed gift basket so this was fun to shop for and to put together. I already have another themed gift idea coming at you next year so stay tuned!
Additional personal favorite posts launched in 2017:
- Turkey Spin Art Place Cards – I broke out this spin art machine way too late in the year! The girls LOVED this activity and the turkeys looked great on the Thanksgiving table! We continued to make more for Christmas gift tags and I already have more ideas for using it in 2018!
- Cross stitch family portrait – While this wasn’t the first cross stitch project shared on the blog, it was a favorite due to all the time spent stitching it up and all the people in it!
- No Bake Easter Pudding Cups – This was the first of lots of cute food crafting posts I was able to share thanks to party styling assignments with Wholesale Party Supplies!
Looking forward to inspiring you in 2018!!