Scroll through lots of photos of our recent living room remodel which includes custom built in bookshelves, a remodeled and tiled fireplace and new custom trim work transitioning into the kitchen.
DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy.
This is not the first time you’d seen this living room space on the blog. It’s where I’ve shared many coordinated seasonal mantles over the year. But let’s take a step back to day one when we got the keys and it looked like this:
BORING blank walls, boring fireplace space, dirty carpet and a dated fan.
A few months in, Derek replaced the carpet with wood floors, we added our own cozy furniture, replaced the fan and gave the walls a good coat of Dolphin Fin Behr paint. That’s how it looked for a few more years. Until…..
This past summer when we started our kitchen/living room remodel and now this is where we are!
This living room space is one step down from our newly remodeled kitchen and I love that it now has a coordinating look and feel of this space.
Next to the kitchen, our living room is the place we gather and hang out as a family, watching tv, playing games and relaxing on our oversized couch. Now that I moved our family photobooks into the bottom cabinet, the girls love to pull them out and flip through our family memories. Here’s a little glimpse on how I create their yearly digital photo books.
We worked with our kitchen designer to add matching cabinets and bookshelves to flank each side of the fireplace.
We also spray painted the brass pieces of the fireplace with a high heat matte paint, surrounded it with tile and added some warm countertops and a thick walnut mantle.
I love the storage space, character and warmth these new built ins give to this space! Now’s the fun of trying to find pieces that coordinate in this space seasonally but also with an everyday look! I hope to find items that are meaningful to our family and not just all knickknacks to fill the space.
I also can’t wait to hang stockings on this chunky mantle!
We’re still adding personal touches to this space so make sure to follow along on my instagram to see sneak peaks before I share it on the blog!
None of this would be complete without my awesome contractor, Rasinski Construction. I’ve worked with him now for almost 3 years doing his social media and photographing his finished projects. Every one of them is beautiful and the clients always said great things about his team. Now having experienced his work on a client level, I can see why he has so many great reviews and word of mouth recommendations. I HIGHLY recommend Tom and his team to friends, family and followers!
Living Room Resources:
- CABINETS: Wellborn Premier Series, Saybrooks, Color = Glacier
- CABINET KNOBS: Kingsbridge Pull, Color = Ash Gray
- WOOD COUNTERTOPS AND MANTLE: Walnut Edge Up, Handmade by Wood Countertops New Jersey
- FIREPLACE TILE: Arabescato Carrara Select – Polish 3X6 (Avalon Flooring)
- COUCH: Raymour Flannigan Daine Sectional Sofa
- LAMP: Nora 60″ Arc Floor Lamp
- FLOORING: Shaw Floors Inspirations White Oak – Terrain. Style No. 213SA Color No. 07029
- PAINT COLOR: Behr Dolphin Fin
- RUG: Unbranded Blythe Dark Grey 9 ft. x 12 ft. Area Rug
- COFFEE TABLE: Isakson Trestle Coffee Table with Storage
- TV CONSOLE TABLE: Overstock: Martin Svensson Home West Mill 65 TV Stand
- PICTURE FRAMES: Most frames in my home are from CustomPictureFrames.com . Use code SPOTOFTEADSIGNS20 to receive 20% off your order!
More Room Reveals:
Leave a Reply