Take a peek into our home and see our modern half bathroom remodel! This completed gutted and remodeled space is now more functional, visually appealing, and a new source of pride for my handy hubby. Discover all that was upgraded in this space which includes budget and product sourcing.
DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy.
We are nearing 3 years in our home and it’s been a while since I’ve shared a reveal of another space here! A few days ago I shared the before photos of our half bathroom remodel explaining why it needed to be fully gutted and redone to be more functional and fit the modern aesthetic we prefer.
To recap, the pedestal sink offered no storage underneath or any useful space on top, the toilet was short and round vs a more comfortable elongated style that my husband preferred, the medicine cabinet style mirror wasn’t used, and the flooring was just a bandaid done during the selling process.
While many of you have seen some glimpses of this space and followed along with the remodeling process in my instagram stories, today I’m sharing the full reveal of our half bathroom remodel! Isn’t she pretty?
I was debating between a bold tile floor or bold wallpapered walls and decided to go with the tile! It gives the room come character and the black and white motif plays well with the dark blue paint. We used a charcoal grey grout, which will hopefully look more fresh over the years vs white grout that looks dirty so quickly.
Besides opening walls to move the light over to be centered on the new vanity placement and adding the exhaust fan overhead, no walls or structural changes were made. Before, our bathroom had a strange layout with extra space in all the wrong places. Now it feels like everything is where it was always meant to be and it feels very homey!
The large vanity top has a tile backsplash to top all the splashing directly on the wall and the wide space on top allows for not only for a soap dispenser, but also small decorative items or this cute air freshener I found.
The elongated toilet now allows the kids to comfortable using the facilities on their own, without the need for a gross kid potty seat that we happily chucked!
We added a rustic and industrial style shelf over the toilet to add some decorative appeal. I found this cool old tin Epsom Salt container at the local antiques barn sale one Sunday and I created this sign with paint and heat transfer vinyl to fill this space. The little plant is from Target and even fooled my hubby who thought it was real when I first brought it home!
Guests no longer have to stare at a blank wall when using the facilities as these watercolor botanical prints now make for a relaxing visual.
Jennifer of the Atelier Cartouche etsy shop was so easy to work with as I needed this design custom sized to fit the frames I had. They are digital files that I printed and they still retained the watercolor paper texture in the prints! I love how they look as a gallery!
Curious about the budget on our half bathroom remodel? I’m happy to report that in putting this post together, we estimated that the full remodel only cost us around $2000 in materials and no labor cost since we did it on our own. You can see a full list of the resources and if I missed something you’re curious about, please leave me a comment!
- Vanity – RaNesha 36″ Single Bathroom Vanity Set (Purchased at Wayfair but seems to no longer be available! It looks ALOT like this so maybe they changed the name?)
- Faucet – Glacier bay Oswell 8 in. Widespread 2-Handle High-Arc Bathroom Faucet in Matte Black
- Light – allen + roth Cedar Bluff 3-Light Black Farmhouse Vanity Light Bar
- Mirror – 28″ Round Decorative Wall Mirror – Project 62™ Black
- Paint – Behr Blueprint
- Toilet – KOHLER Highline Curve White WaterSense Elongated Chair Height 2-Piece Toilet 12-in Rough-In Size
- Tile Flooring – Merola Tile Arte White Encaustic 9-3/4 in. x 9-3/4 in. Porcelain Floor and Wall Tile
- Shelf – allen + roth 23.75-in L x 6.75-in H x 8-in D Bracket Shelf
- Picture Frames – Custom Picture Frames Noir Classique
- Watercolor Botanical Wall Art – Custom sized order from this shop
- Towel Ring – Glacier Bay Lucien Towel Ring in Matte Black
- Toliet Paper Holder – Glacier bay Lucien Toilet Paper Holder in Matte Black
- Faux plant – Boxwood Artificial Plant in Black Ceramic Pot – Threshold™
- Soap Dispenser – Stoneware Soap Pump White/Black – Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia