Welcome to part 3 of this monthly series helping to motivate you to get more organized or think ahead in 2017! March is a month that is so borderline in weather where I live. It’s starting to warm up, things are starting to bud, and you just can’t wait to get outside!
This month’s 10 things to do in March list that includes tasks that are mostly indoors, but some that prepare you for the outdoor season soon! Don’t miss a post on this series! Make sure you sign up to receive my emails. You can set it to receive an email each time a new post goes live or a monthly recap.
- Take stock in cleaning supplies. Spring cleaning sales are headed our way! Throw out the old cleaning supplies that are super low or ones you barely used. Make note on your favorite smells so you see when they’re on sale again.
- Assess your razor supply. Sounds silly but razors and razor refills go on sale in March for all the upcoming spring break trips! I haven’t bought razors in 2 years after a big stock up but my supply is running low and I plan to take advantage of these sales!
- Start collecting your documents for taxes. You should’ve started to receive documents needed for tax season. Go through your receipts and make a list of medical bills from last year. Just work on a list on what you have received, need to total up and what you’re still waiting on. Remember Tax day is April 15th EVERY YEAR! Bonus points if you already completed and submitted them!
- Check your stock of sun care items. Along with the spring break thoughts comes coupons and sales for sunscreen and aloe! Check out what you have from last year (that is probably needing to be thrown out) and stock up to protect your skills this summer!
- Clean out your clothing closet. Soon the weather will warm up and you’ll be putting sweaters away and pulling out tees and tanks. Take EVERYTHING out of your closet and only put back the things that fit well or which you know you’ll wear. Donate the others and make a note on what types of things you may want to buy for the new clothing season.
- Complete a random act of kindness. Just be on the lookout for something you can do to help someone who wasn’t expecting it. (This was on my 40 before Forty list so I guess I need to make an effort to make this happen in March!)
- Start a present log. For those that know me in real life, know I love me some spreadsheets and Google Docs! But did you know I have a google doc documenting all the gifts I’ve given people for the past 6 years? Well I do! I find this SOO helpful since I often buy things in advance due to sales or ordering to hit free shipping minimums and it helps me remember what I have hidden away for a future celebrations or holiday.
- Try a new restaurant. You probably stick to the same few restaurants where you already have a favorite dish but it’s time to finally try out that new pizza place/Chinese food/Mexican restaurant you’ve been driving by for the past 6 months.
- Get the fancy dessert! This could go along with the last point or a separate chance to get out and indulge. You might have been dieting since the new year but it’s time to have an indulgent day and get that molten lava cake!
- Clean your microwave. Even if you did it last night, last week, or last month (eww), chances are your microwave could use a good cleaning. Here are 4 methods to try and get your microwave sparkly clean!
In case you missed it, here were January and February’s tasks! How did you do?
Leave a Reply