It seems that people like “To do” lists or at least some outside the obvious tasks to work on after reading my 10 Things to do in January. I decided to make it a 2017 series with a new post the beginning of each month featuring 10 tasks, big or small that you can work on during those 28-31 days. I hope you’ll follow along and come to tell me how many you accomplished!
February is still a generally cool month in my neck of the woods so I’m continue to focus on things you can do indoors. Here are 10 things to do in February to make your life more organized or just give some motivation!
- Pin or print out a few recipes you want to try. Whether it’s cold weather stews or marinades for grilling options once it gets warmer, find some new recipes you hope to try in 2017. While I’m a big digital person, I do like a printed recipe in a binder to reference when I’m in the kitchen and don’t want my laptop nearby. Check out my pinterest board to see which ones I made and loved or our favorite toddler friendly recipes!
- Sign up for some rewards programs or enter codes for those you’re already in. If you’re like me and are in a few rewards programs, chances are you’ve always been hoarding those codes you haven’t submitted in a while. Take some time to input the codes and see what rewards are out there. After 3+ years of kids in diapers/wipes we are almost at the point of getting a cool scooter from Pampers! Even if we don’t redeem our points often from these programs, almost all give Shutterfly freebies throughout the year that are worth keeping them active.
- Plan/throw a party! Everyone can find a reason to celebrate something. Whether you have a child who’s celebrating a birthday soon, a milestone celebration happening with a family member or just want to get friends together, work up a theme, create a secret pinterest board and start plotting a celebration. Here are easy tips and tricks to party styling!
- Treat yourself to something special. It’s Valentine’s Day month so why not treat yourself? Get a massage. Indulge in your favorite cold treat. Buy the expensive chocolate! New purse? Camera gadget? Finally buy the Heidi Swapp lightbox you’ve been eyeing for months? Whatever makes you happy, it’s the month to make it happen!
- Do a puzzle. Whether it’s Suduko from the newspaper or a giant jigsaw puzzle, give your brain a little workout this month.
- Try something artsy. Paint a mini canvas or a bedroom wall or get addicted to string art, but either way grab the paintbrush, glue or origami paper and get artsy this month!
- Buy 9 volt batteries. Next month is daylight savings so you’ll need to change over all those smoke detectors. Start printing out coupons (there’s usually energizer ones on coupons.com) and keep an eye out for deals!
- Take a bath. Last month held #NationalBubbleBathDay but you can still enjoy a good soak any time of the year.
- Send a card to a friend. For a birthday or just because, fill someone’s mailbox with a paper or handwritten note!
- Watch stuff on your DVR. Why are you saving 12 episodes of Alaska: The Last Frontier but not sitting down to watch them? Come on the new season of The Walking Dead is about to come back on so you might as well watch last season. Go through your DVR and watch some shows or delete the things you really aren’t going to watch.