DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
Welcome to part 5 of the monthly series aimed to help motivate you to get more organized in your life and keep a clean home! It also includes some reminders to have fun inside and out.
If April showers really do bring on May flowers, I hope to be surrounded by beautiful blooms this May. My hydrangea plants did not bloom at all last May so I’m hoping to see much more this year!
- Buy/make your mom a card/gift. Reminder: Mother’s day is May 14th! Even little babies can create something beautiful for their mom or grandma!
- Clean out the garage. The weather is warmer and you’ll be spending more time outdoors soon. Pull everything out of your garage space and start a nice purge! Work on a list of new organizational things you may need, take note on what tools are really shot and get rid of the junk that always seems to find a nook in the garage space. You might even be ready to host a garage sale with all you’re removing! Check out this post on our organized garage space.
- Mend the holes. Maybe I’m the only one but there are definitely a few things in my closet and my girls closet that could use some mending. A jacket pocket with a hole at the bottom, a shirt seem splitting apart, or a strap to a laptop case that’s coming loose. Use this month to break out the sewing needle and patch up those things you’d been putting off.
- Send someone a random gift in the mail. A just because gift. A thinking of you gift. A belated birthday gift. Make someone’s day by filling their mailbox. Consider a box of sunshine or green bucket o’ luck! (It’s on my 40 before Forty list so maybe this will be a month to send one!)
- Plan an outdoor adventure. Zipling? Picnic in the park? BBQ housewarming party? Sign up for that 10K you always wish you’d do? This is the month to make a commitment to an outdoor activity!
- Send a hand written than you note. I’m not talking about an email or a text. Sit down and write a note to MAIL or hand deliver to someone who helped you physically or mentally. I promise you it will make their day!
- Put fresh flowers in your home. It’s the season with everything in full bloom. Trim some flowers growing in your yard to get, beautiful ones from the local grocery store or garden center, or finally try out Bloomsy box and display a pretty bouquet on your kitchen table!
- Color. Coloring isn’t just for kids anymore. The adult coloring book trend is still going strong to break out your colored pencils and try some relaxing coloring activities. Tip: Turn your decorated sheet into a card to achieve task #1 from this list!
- Weed the garden. New stuff is probably growing in so if you didn’t already, get rid of the weeds, dead leaves and other pieces that don’t belong there as the new blooms are growing in!