There are lots of different craft rooms and office spaces out there to be inspired one so here’s one more! Take a look at a modern craft room space that includes lots of Ikea furniture and some handmade touches!
DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy.
We’ve officially lived in our home over 4 years now and I realized it’s been a while since I’ve shared my office space! This is what this office / craft room looked like before we moved in:
And this is what that same view looks like now:
Check back on this post which talks about the new floors, paint and some cosmetic changes we did before filling it up with the cabinetry, desk and storage. BTW, all resources for the storage and decor features of the room are listed at the end of this post so scroll down for more details.
Technically, I guess you’d call this an office, but it’s also my craft room so I call it both! Derek has a desk upstairs in our bedroom so for the past 4 years, it’s mostly mine! I feel VERY lucky to have this space to continue to get creative for my blog, etsy shop, creative clients and to create gifts after not having a space in our last home.
The desk is split into two areas, one for computer design work and the other for crafting/assembling. My husband used extra floor boards and built me an area to display artwork the girls make. It’s one of my favorite parts of the room!
Over the crafty side is an Ikea pegboard for all my commonly used crafting tools (like this Cricut set of basic tools). If you follow me on instagram, you have probably seen that I am often still crafting on the floor as I love to spread out!
This fauxdenza was one built for our last month following a tutorial by The DIY Playbook. It holds my scrapbooks (did you know I was a scrapbooker for YEARS?), my Cricut machines and my vinyl supply. The pink basket on top holds all my loose paper scraps which are free game for anyone in the house to grab for a craft or to write a note!
Above we added 2 shelves to hold extra supplies, in progress projects (there was none at the time of this photo), my camera bag and phone mount I use for filming. It’s how I do all my videos hands free as I can move it around in all different angles, including over head.
Turn the corner and you’ll see my paper storage and extra shelves holding more supplies. I also squeeze in my large pop up reflector that comes in handy for party shoots!
I LOVE ME SOME CLOSED STORAGE! These are tall pantry cabinets from Ikea and they HOLD SO MUCH and it can all be pushed closed to hide the mess. The other corner includes my ironing board (only used for iron on vinyl crafts and not actual clothes), hamper holding my large paper rolls and foam boards used for backdrops.
I used removal adhesive vinyl on several drawers to easily identify what’s inside.
Did you peep those rainbow ordered beer cans on top? I didn’t drink them, but designed them!
The drawers are not all beautifully filled.
There’s plenty of zip lock bags that stand up to hold the items. Reiterating how much closed storage is awesome. :)
Behind the door you’ll find my Cricut mats (yep, I use a knock off brand too) and our aprons used for messier crafts.
Hope you enjoyed this updated craft room tour! See below for resources of furniture and products featured in my space but please leave a comment if there’s something I missed!
- IKEA SEKTION High cabinet with 4 doors/5 drawers, white Maximera, Bodbyn gray fronts – 30 x 24 x 80″
- IKEA ALEX Drawer unit, white, 14 1/8×27 1/2″
- LINNMON Tabletop, white, 78 3/4×23 5/8 (looks like they have a different but similar version called Lagkapten)
- (4) ADILS Leg, white
- Pegboard: SKÅDIS Pegboard, white, 30×22″
- Large Frame: 16 x 20 Sonoma Silver Frame, backing: smooth white, no mats, non glare acrylic, standard hooks. Use code SPOTOFTEADESIGNS20 for 20% off your order!
- Creativity Takes Courage print
- Photo Mount Tripod: Arkon Pro Camera Stand
- Monitor Wall Mount: WALI Single LCD Monitor Fully Adjustable Gas Spring Wall Mount
- Art Gallery Metal Clips: X-ACTO #2 Bulldog Clips, 2.25 Inches, Box of 36
- Fauxdenza: built from Ikea cabinets. Tutorial on DIY Playbook
- Wall color: Behr Frost
- White Crates: Target Room Essentials White Storage Crate
- Wood Floor: Shaw Floors INSPIRATIONS WHITE OAK – Terrain. Style No. 213SA Color No. 07029
Leave a Reply