Softball season is right around the corner so it’s a great time to gift them the best softball gear! Save this favorite gifts for a softball player list for the holiday season so you can outfit your softball player with new gear, accessories and practice tools to help them be an all star!
DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy.
Sure, your softball player already has the basics, like a fielding glove, fielding mask, bat, and batting gloves but there are lots of other accessories that can help improve their game play, practice time or dugout comfort.
Here are some of the favorite softball related items my travel softball player girls use and love!
SOFTBALL STOCKING STUFFERS
- BatHat Bat Sleeve – These are soft bat covers that can help protect your car windows when they throw their bag in the trunk and they look cute in their bag! I personalized these star designs with some iron on vinyl for both my girls (see that in action on my instagram) but there are also lots of other cute ideas, like a unicorn, bulldog, fire flame, and ball on top of a bat.
- Eye Black – This is an easy stocking stuffer or softball party favor. Lots of kids get carried away with the application but under the eyes still looks tough and helps shield from the sun glare for day games!
- Softball Sleeve Scrunchies – This velcro and fabric item allows you to turn any short sleeve t-shirt into a sleeveless tank style, which is great for the hot game days! This one includes a softball stitching design and would make a great stocking stuffer if you need something slim to gift!
- Sports sunglasses and case – Once you get in travel softball season, you NEED sunglasses or you can’t function for those pop ups those hitters can hit! We got these at Dicks Sporting Goods and make sure to get the case to hold them in their bag since there are heavy helmets and bats in there.
- Hex Vest Chest Protector – These vest like clothing accessories are worn under their uniform or practice jerseys and help protect their sernum from kid pitchers or ground balls that pop up. Both my girls worn S the last 2 years, but my oldest (a slim 10 year old) now wears M.
SOFTBALL DUGOUT COMFORT
- Cooling Towel – If your child plays any sort of spring or summer sport where it gets hot, this will be a well loved item! These cooling towels come in a bunch of different colors and can really cool you down during hot dugout or sideline pauses. Each of my girls have a blue one which we keep in a plastic ziploc bag during the game then wash and lay it out to dry afterwards. It becomes hard after drying but will regain it’s shape once wet again.
- Large Water Jugs – Both my girls use the 1/2 gallon size but some teammates have the full size gallon one which is great for tournament days. The hooks on the handle easily hold it up on the dugout fence to make more bench room for your softball player. I believe the solid colors are exclusive to Dicks Sporting Goods but they have other colors available on Amazon.
- Battery Powered Misting Fan – Pretty sure these will be one of my go to gifts to give sporty kid friends, especially when personalizing with some vinyl!
SOFTBALL PRACTICE TOOLS
- Rebound PitchBack Net – This springy net allows them to play alone to practice throwing accuracy or pitching practice if that’s their goal.
- Batting Net – You’ll see lots of coaches pop these up before game day to get in a few practice swings either paired with this portable batting tee (which we also have) or with coaches throwing the ball up for them to hit.
- Bat Weight – Add this to your bat and get in some practice swings. This can help grow your speed when up at the plate. Some packaging might fit within a stocking but make it heavy, obviously!
DIY SOFTBALL GIFTS
- Softball Hair Ribbons – This is a great item to gift the whole team! Learn how to make these ribbons with your team colors and use the printable tag to personalize it to gift!
- Ornament with their name/number – I made these on acrylic discs from Michaels which would be great as a gift topper on any wrapped present!
- Softball gear featuring their jersey number. Grab this SVG cut file and add to sweatshirts, t-shirts, helmets or a decal for your car window!
- Softball bag tags – Turn acrylic rounds and lobster clips into bag tops to hang on their bat bags it the dugout.