In most cases you try to avoid getting paint or sticky things on your shoes but these cases include the exact opposite approach! Over the years I’ve been asked to paint, glue, adhere and create DIY shoes for the Wholesale Halloween Costumes blog. Some might feature kid feet but they can easily be scared up to fit adult sized clompers. Check out these 6+ DIY Shoes.
DISCLOSURE: I am a contributor for the websites seen in this post however, the opinions expressed here are all my own. This is NOT a sponsored post. This post may also feature affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally have used and stand behind. To learn more, please review my disclosure policy here.
You can start with any blank shoes as the base but these DIY creations were all made with shoes purchased at Walmart!
- Pokemon Shoes – Get ready to catch ‘em all when sporting these Pikachu faces on your feet!
- Chewbacca Shoes – Chewie might be 7 feet tall but if you follow this tutorial he can fit on any size feet.
- Trolls Shoes – Slip on these DIY Trolls shoes and get ready to sing and dance (and sing and dance and sing) with these do-it-yourself kicks featuring two of your favorite hair raising friends, Poppy and Branch.
- Stranger Things Shoes –Show your fandom for the Netflix series and whip up these canvas shoes inspired by the Scoops Ahoy uniform and Eleven’s 80s romper.
- Skeleton Shoes – Transform those blank canvas shoes into a set of kicks that will knock ‘em dead by following our step by step guide.
- Vampirina Shoes – Your preschooler will get a kick of these kicks based on the ghoulish girl in the human world so download the free template, grab your paintbrush and give this DIY a try!
- Elf Shoes – these weren’t based on a canvas shoe but a basic faux UGG style boot I found at Walmart. With the help of some felt and jingle bells they became a pair perfect for a helpful North Pole elf.
- Zombie Feet shoes – paint can transform these basic black slip ons into worm filled, dirt covered zombie shoes for Halloween or the next Walking Dead premiere.
Leave a Reply