DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
We are over half way through our year of to do lists! These lists are meant to help you get organized, keep a clean home and find some fun and entertainment along the way!
This is bound to be a hot summer month so some of this list involves outdoor activities and motivation to make July more fun!
- Build a sandcastle. It’s summer! Get in the sand and hone your inner child for some sandcastle building fun!
- Grill something new. You’ve already done hot dogs and hamburgers and maybe even a steak. Try a new grilled veggie or one of those recipes where the item is wrapped in foil. (Maybe I’ll learn HOW to grill this month since its part of my 40 before Forty!)
- Give someone a compliment. If you’re a blog reader, take the time to leave a positive comment to let someone know you’re reading and you enjoy their space. Notice a coworker has a new haircut? Tell them you like it! Take the time to make someone’s day and say something nice. It will make you and them feel good.
- Eat with your hands. July is big for hot dogs and burgers, corn on the cob and bbq ribs. Make an effort to get messy with a yummy lunch or dinner food!
- Get in FRONT of the camera. If you’re always the one taking the photos, make sure you take your turn to get in front of it. Even if you don’t feel like you’re at your best at that moment or this time of the year, it’s important to document life with those you love so get in a shot!
- Clean out the fridge. Chances are you may be hosting a bbq or more get togethers this summer so take stock in your condiments and marinades. TWICE we’ve been to my moms and her full fridge was out of ketchup! Don’t let that happen this July!
- Do something different with the water table. If you’re a mom or caregiver that has a water table, now is the time to switch it up! We love doing colored ice cubes in our table as the kids will scoop them up and watch the make different colors as they melt.
- Try a new ice cream flavor. Everyone sticks to their favorites when heading out for cold summer treats so why not indulge in a new creation or flavor.
- Go for a family walk in the morning. Before it gets too hot, put on your sneakers and take a scroll around the neighborhood in the morning sun.
- Powerwash! This can instantly make your sidewalk, garage door, or patio stone look brand new. Derek did our garage, and front walkways a month ago and it really made the front of the house pop!