DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
Hello late summer days! It’s August and month 8 of this monthly series geared to get you motivated and to keep a cleaner home and with some things to help you enjoy the season.
It’s a special month for our family as it’s our daughters’ birthday! Yep my birthday twins will turn 4 and 2 this month and I, of course, have a super cute party theme with lots of DIY projects planned! I already spilled the beans on the theme so now you’ll just have to wait until next month to see what other DIY things I have up my sleeves!
- Break out the sprinkler. Whether it’s to water the lawn or to cool off for summer, it’s about time you found your inner child and enjoyed the fun of a good old sprinkler! This one is our favorite and trust me, it’s been in full use this warm summer! (PS if you’re looking for other outdoor toys my toddlers love, make sure you read this post!)
- Have ice cream cake. We will be on August 21st as it’s our family tradition to grab four spoons and each some ice cream cake for the girls’ birthday. Here’s Brielle on her 2nd birthday and not 3 hours later I went into labor with Hailey! This is the last photo of me pregnant!
- Clean and soak your hairbrushes. Because eww I’m sure they’re full of loose hairs and that isn’t pretty. Give them a good clean this month.
- Vacuum your molding. You might vacuum your floors pretty often but make sure you’re already running the brush along the moldings! They can get so dirty so give it a go this month!
- Make s’mores. Because it’s the season for fire pits and late nights outside. Tip: add a twist and try using a peanut butter cup as the chocolate portion!
- Clean that junk drawer. You know the one. Doesn’t really have a true purpose besides the dumping grounds for anything you want to get off the counter top. First, take EVERYTHING out, test all those pens to see if they still work, chuck all the business cards for places you’ll never use and make good decisions on what you’re putting back in or places in new homes in your house.
- Play an outdoor game. Whether you’re more of a ladder ball gal or are gung hoe for horseshoes, it’s the season to get outside and get physical. Get some exercise in while getting some sun at the same time.
- Make something with a lot of sprinkles. If you’re like me, you have a large collection of sprinkles and colored sugars in your baking collection. Come up with a recipe or make a cake “just because” and throw on some of that sprinkle collection!
- Read a book. Or at least start one. You know there’s that hot seller you’ve been hearing about or a classic you want to drive into. I’m currently reading Gone with the Wind which I’m named after and it’s part of my 40 Before Forty!
- Write a handwritten letter. Go old school! I’m not saying take out your feather pen and calligraphy someone a message, but I’m betting someone would really appreciate the time it took to write a letter, either as a hello or as a thank you.