DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
The last day of school is always something to celebrate as it marks the end of a big year of learning and the start of the summer break! There are plenty of ways to celebrate this occasion one of which is putting together a little gift basket of summer essentials!
No doubt the end of the school this year looks MUCH different than in years past. But, like any other year, it is always a good excuse to restock your kids with ideas to be enjoyed during the summer season! Here are a few things I’ve been collecting and will put together for this year’s last day of school gift that I’ll give to them on June 17th, Brielle’s last day of First Grade!
- Seashell Collection Bags – Between our Outer Banks beach vacation this August and the fact that we sometimes visit our cousins in LBI, I know these mesh bags will be put into good use for all their little beach collections. They also work well as the container to hold this last day of school gift basket. I got this set as it wasn’t much cheaper to buy a smaller group and I know other summer birthday kids that we can gift this fun accessory!
- Bathing Suit – Got these cute color block matching ones at Old Navy at the last good sale!
- Jelly Shoes – I lived in jelly shoes as a kid so it’s nostalgic for me to have my girls wear them in the summer too. Hailey is getting a new pink pair this year since her old ones no longer fit!
- Water Shoes – While we don’t plan to go to any public water parks or pools this summer, who knows if another water shoe need location will come up in our adventures! I got Brielle this fun purple and pink pair that, with care, I’m sure can be used for Hailey next year!
- Activity books – Just because it’s summer break doesn’t mean we won’t be including some educational breaks. My mom got them these grade specific Summer Brain Quest activity books and I found these Morning Starters at Dollar Tree, each with one sheet of activities they can start and stop all summer long.
- Blank Notebook – I’m giving one to each girl but I know my soon-to-be second grader will get more use out of it! I hope it encourages some journal/reflection time during the summer or I’ll make up some activities where she can practice site words or tell stories inside!
- New Books – I grabbed the following books off Brielle’s summer reading list for those who are soon to be in second grade: Nancy Clancy Soccer Mania, Danny and the Dinosaur Ride a Bike, Penny and Her Marble, Curious George Goes to the Beach.
And I, of course, had top off these gifts with a little printable! These “It’s O-fish-ally” summer tags are available in my shop with 6 printing to a sheet. It’s been a popular purchase for teachers and parents alike gifting last day of school / first day of summer gifts!
PS I know in most of the country you’re already out but here in NJ we have school until the middle of June! If you already experienced this milestone, pin and save for next year!
Leave a Reply