Hippity Hoppity Easter’s on it’s way! In less than 2 weeks even! Those looking for ideas for girls age 5 and 7 can check out this post showcasing what I (I mean the Easter Bunny) will be delivering Easter morning this year!
DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy.
In our house, I’m a stickler for Christmas stockings and Easter baskets being filled with ideas that actually FIT inside those containers. I also don’t like to fill it with any old junk or too much candy but I’m happy to report that I’ve been able to fall under my own rules these past 7 years.
Easter usually comes 3-4 months after Christmas when the season is changing and new clothing items might be needed. I made sure to include some of these wearable goodies in their basket to fulfill a void or just refresh their closet with something new.
This year’s Easter basket includes these wearable items:
- Mermaid Bathing Suit Cover Up – My girls love these terrycloth style ones and who doesn’t love a mermaid theme for summer?
- Cute new socks– I picked up these pet filled ones and summer icon ones at Target that are a lower height to be nearly no show.
- Capri pants – It’s not warm enough for shorts but sometimes too hot for long pants so cute new capri pants it is!
- Hairties – With softball starting up, we need extra ties in our cars and their softball bags so might as well stock up with all the sizes!
Just for fun:
- Lego Bracelets Kit – I spotted these at Michaels in the clearance section last week for only $5 so head to the back of your store and see if they’re still there! They also had other single bracelet kits for only $2 which are still the perfect size to fit in an Easter basket!
- Activity book – Find these in Dollar Tree for all different ages!
- Water bottle – We only use these Contingo Autospout water bottles and this is the first time I saw these mermaid designs! Grabbed at Kohls free ship to store with curbside pick up with no need to get out of my car.
- Character band-aids – You always need bandaids when you have kids! They loved these Trolls ones and Frozen!
- Annie’s Yummy Bunnies & Cheddar – We don’t have mac and cheese often in our house but when we do they love these shaped ones. Being bunny brand and bunny themed makes it extra special for Easter.
- Butterfly ice packs – They aren’t pictured here as they arrive tomorrow but I also ordered these ice packs to be added to their lunch bags this spring!
Here’s what I gave them 2 years later as age 7 and 9!
Don’t forget to make it extra magical and add Easter bunny footprints outside the basket with some flour and my FREE STENCIL! It’s available both as an svg cut file for those with a die cut machine or as a PDF for those who don’t!
Need more ideas? Check out what I gave them when they were 3 and 5 years old!
Or check out this post on 50+ non edible Easter Basket ideas for boys and girls!
And also check out my Amazon shop that has a whole “Stocking and Easter basket” list!
Leave a Reply