It’s back to school shopping time! We’re all checking off the school supplies lists they just sent out, getting some new clothes to rock the first few days, getting their hair cuts and planning out the lunch routine. Here are my back to school lunch must haves!
DISCLOSURE: I was compensated with a product sample by NameBubbles.com, but the opinions are all mine and not that of the company! I LOVE their labels and have been using them on many of our products for years. Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy.
It’s August and while much of the country is heading back to school here in New Jersey, we don’t go back for another month. So we’re in back to school shopping mode! Along with all the clothes and school supplies list, I also like to stock up on our back to school lunch essentials!
Fun fact: I actually don’t pack the lunches in my house, my kids do! They have both been packing their own lunches and snacks since kindergarten and even make them on the weekend too! Here are a few of the favorite things we use for back to school lunch!
- Neoprene lunch bags – Last year my girls used two fun neoprene lunch bags all year and even through camp this summer. They were great for isolation, strong handle to hold everything and comfortable if they carried it separate of their backpack. Brielle had this Purple Unicorn one and Hailey had this Teal Flamingo one! They were GREAT and lasted all year and through camp this summer. But they’re due for some new ones that are fresh and clean so they’ll be getting the “green rainbow” and “red rose rainbow” set sold here. I expect the same experience with them being good for all year!
- 1 1/4 Cup Plastic containers – We use these smaller containers for fresh cut fruit or to hold a “crunchy” element (aka crackers, pretzels etc) so I picked up another 6 pack for this back to school season.
- Mini Food Picks – Along with the small containers, we include one of these heart shaped food picks to help pick up the cut fruit. It’s like a mini fork so we don’t have to include a plastic utensil in the bag separately. Note: they are big enough to pick something up but small in size so I would only send them in with kids you trust can handle these items and it would not be a choking hazard!
- Reusable Ice Packs – These butterfly shaped ice packs help keep their food chilled during the day without being overly cold to the touch when reaching into their bag. (PS I see they also have penguin and owl designs if butterflies aren’t your thing!)
- Dishwasher Safe Personalized labels – If you’ve been following me for any length of time, you know we’ve been using Namebubbles.com labels for their Tupperware and clothing items since they were in daycare! These dishwasher safe labels stay on all their water bottles and plastic containers through plenty of washing cycles and we use their stick on clothing labels for jackets and on tags of towels. Use code SPOTOFTEADESIGNS for 10% off your order!
Leave a Reply