DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
Happy Birthday to ME! Today I turn 36 and am now 4 years away turning Forty. One year ago today I launched my 40 Before Forty list so I thought it’d be fun to see how far I’ve come and what I have planned for the next 4 years to complete these wishes, dreams and simple tasks!
While not a huge dent, I’m happy to report that I was able to cross a few things off my 40 Before Forty list this past year and have plenty more in the works to be crossed over in this 2nd year!
- Go on an adults only vacation. UPDATE: I have a girls trip booked for Savannah Georgia this April with my bestie Allie! Have any recommendations on places to go or what to see? Send me an email!
- Take a family road trip someplace we’ve never been before.
- Renew and use my passport. UPDATE: Paperwork has been printed and filled out!
- Have a “YES” day with my kids.
- Visit 3 new states. Pretty sure I was an overachiever with this one! :)
- Officially stop biting my nails.
- Host a multi course dinner party with food made from scratch.
- Learn HTML so I can fix blog problems myself.
- Read Gone with the Wind… again. I’m named after it so I was due to read it again and did so by January 2018!
- Upgrade my DSLR camera and/or lens. DONE! I must’ve been a good girl as Santa brought me a new Canon 80D! 12/2017
- Get finances in order and write a will. UPDATE: Hubby has been kinda in charge of all my outstanding 401K etc so I’m letting him take the lead until it’s time to talk about the will.
- Have a tech free day.
- Book a professional photoshoot session.
- Return to my pre-pregnancy weight.
- Be fit enough to wear a bikini again.
- Go on a multi mile hike.
- Try a new hairstyle.
- Try sushi.
- Learn what the different knives in my kitchen are used for.
- Complete a physical challenge. DONE: I completed a 10 mile woman’s only race 10/2017
- Start a new family tradition.
- Find a personal mantra.
- Watch the sunrise in a beautiful place.
- Binge watch a triology back to back to back.
- Do something scary.
- Take a class to learn a new skill. DONE: Participated in a Paint and Sip experience with fellow NJ bloggers! 11/2017
- Pull off a big surprise! UPDATE: We were able to keep our Disney trip a surprise for the girls until we revealed it two days before we left!
- Create a beauty routine that includes moisturizing.
- Create a flossing routine.
- Perfect a new craft.
- Learn how to grill.
- Publish something.
- Try 50 new recipes. UPDATE: I’m up to 16 of my 50 recipe goal! I plan to do a post or two listing the ones I’ve tried and which I recommend!
- Learn a new makeup technique.
- Volunteer my time somewhere.
- Attend another blog conference.
- Treat myself to an expensive experience or splurge item.
- Complete 5 random acts of kindness.
- Complete 5 random acts of mail!
- UPDATE: #1 package sent- Box of Sunshine
- #2 package sent – Booed our nieces with a printable from Dylbug
- #3 package sent – Wintertime Blues
- Try a trendy new gym class.
Leave a Reply