You may remember back in January when I listed my 2016 goals out there in the blogisphere in hopes that it would motivate me to complete some of these tasks!
It’s officially over half way through the year so its time for an update! Let’s see how I’m doing…
- Redo downstairs half bathroom – UPDATE: It’s done! See the makeover here!
- Paint/semi makeover of master bedroom – UPDATE: The color has been chosen and the paint has been purchased! New curtains have been hung and a new bedspread has helped brighten up the room. Just waiting on a good weekend where Derek has time to paint then I will share as another room in the Nehil Home Tour!
- Update family wall gallery in living room – UPDATE: So excited for this one! This DIY project has been in progress this past month and hopefully hung and shared soon! Hint: It has to do with the colors seen above!
- Tackle toy clutter in the living room – UPDATE: We bought this Tot Tutors Toy Organizer unit and its been working out thus far. Each morning Hailey comes downstairs and Brielle brings her a tub full of her toys. Like most babies, Hailey loves the tub more than the toys! This unit looks like it will hold up but I’ll let you know if I change my mind down the road.
- Develop a solution for the lack of a mud room. UPDATE: I’m still on the fence as to where/how to create a mudroom type space in our foyer area but in the meantime, Derek has created a little board with hooks hung low enough for Brielle to hang her jackets. It’s not in my ideal location but has been a good solution until we make up our minds. I’m considering this complete for 2016.
- Develop a personal style. UPDATE: Slowly but surely I’m collecting some new clothing pieces to fill my closet but I wouldn’t say I have a distinct style YET. I was recently introduced to Lularoe leggings and am undecided on what you actually call my style. It’s a momiform nonetheless!
- Try at least one new recipe a month. UPDATE: Below are the new recipes I tried with my comments on the results:
- Crockpot Orange Chicken – Delicious! This was my first ever crock pot recipe and I loved how easy it was! This is officially added to my rotation and the week after I was able to make shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches in the crockpot with left over BBQ sauce purchased for this recipe!
- Made from scratch Yellow Cake and Buttercream frosting. I’ve never made either of these two cake types before but was happy to take them when making our Easter Bunny Cake back in March!
- 16 Minute Shrimp Scampi – Good recipe but mine took more than 16 minutes!
- Creamy Chicken Piccatta – Another recommended recipe. I think I had too much lemon in mine. I recommend letting the sauce sit for a few minutes to thicken up before pouring on top but otherwise, yummy!
- Practice patience more with the girls. – UPDATE: total work in progress. Derek went to school 2 nights a week for his masters for a few months followed by some unique work situations with 12 hr days, 6 days a week that lasted for weeks. This didn’t fair well for my patience! The warmer weather and ability to get outside more has helped in recent weeks so I hope to continually work on this goal!
- Go on more date nights. UPDATE: This didn’t happen as much as it should, but again his work situation put a big damper on the beginning of this year. We have plenty of family time that makes me happy but I’d love more time for just us two that doesn’t involve sitting on the couch together watching tv. Hoping for more downtime!
- Participate in more group activities. – UPDATE: My friend April and I attended a NJ Blogger’s meet up in February where we met a few new local bloggers whom I now follow socially!
- Consider sponsored content wisely. – UPDATE: There are lots of sponsored posts that sound appealing but don’t make sense for my content type but I feel like I’m choosing to partner with products and brands that work with my family’s lifestyle. This was one of the yummier ones we got to experience and liked!
Follow me on Instagram to see my work in progress updates before I’m ever ready to share a final “after” post on the blog!
Leave a Reply