Crepe streamers are a party supply staple you can find anywhere from the dollar store to online party supply stores to high end boutiques. These colorful rolls are full of texture and with this ability to stretch, twist and scrunch, they are the perfect accessories for party décor, activities and favors. Read on to discover over 13 uses for crepe streamers in parties!
DISCLOSURE: I am a contributor for the websites seen in this post however, the opinions expressed here are all my own. This is NOT a sponsored post. This post may also feature affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally have used and stand behind. To learn more, please review my disclosure policy here.
Now these crepe streamer ideas are not just the simple twists you remember from the 80s baby shower photos. You can create a pinterest worthy party display using these simple accessories! Click through the links to visit the parties where these are featured, many of this include tutorials.
- Create stripes! Use crepe streamers to create stripes on objects, like turning white columns into candy canes at Christmas time or to create colorful Truffula trees for a Dr. Seuss party.
- Wrap it up! Cover hola hoops with crepe streamers and interlock them. When hung over your table, the resemble an atom in your mad scientist party!
- Create a focal point design. You can keep crepe streamers flat but use them to create a big focal point behind your dessert table. This black crepe paper spider web was a great affordable option for a Spiderman party and would work just as perfectly for Halloween! Or crumple them up slightly and put your ROYGBIV skills to the test for a rainbow behind your Trolls party.
- Game on! Use the same method as above on smaller wreaths to create games, like this shark shooting game. Or hang up the hoops and you have 5 colorful rings for a party to celebrate the Olympics.
- Give it a twist. When twisting green ones up they look like seaweed in an Octonauts party.
- Create cute drinks. A juice box gets a little more interesting for your Halloween party when you wrap it up mummy style!
- Get your fringe on. When layering them on some foam discs and using scissors to create a fringe effect, you can create a colorful lollipop holder to hold your candies. Use this same technique around foam cones for a winter table accent. Or fringe and layer your crepe streamers to create an accent that perfectly matches your fiesta tablewear!
- Create curtains. Layer crepe streamers together and run through your sewing machine to attach. These two tone streamers create colorful curtains for your Halloween shindig!
- Cascade it down. Crepe streamers all by themselves can be an affordable option for a background. Pair these flat, textured accents with fluffy tissue paper flowers to create a magical dessert table backdrop for your unicorn party!
A special thank you to fellow party stylist, Elizabeth Barboza, for sharing many of her creative crepe streamer uses in this post!