DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
It’s December. Can you believe it? We always say how fast we think the year went during this month full of year end recaps and delicious holiday recipes.
We’ve come to the last of this monthly series made to help get more organized and keep a clean home. I hope you’ve been enjoyed this monthly dose of inspiration. I’d love to hear how many things you were able to accomplish or which were your favorite random tasks from my lists!
- Roll your coins. You’ve been saving pocket change all year so time to roll it up and deposit it in the bank to help pay for all those holiday gifts!
- Buy stocking stuffers. Keep a look out for little gifts and treats that are compact enough to fit inside. If you need some ideas, check out what I included in my toddlers’ stockings last year and also what I’ve snuck inside their Easter baskets.
- Bake/Make something other than cookies. You’ll hear about all these cookie exchanges so be different at the holiday party and bring something new! And if you’re too busy to bake at all, try out these snowman donut snacks with my free printables!
- Plot a room makeover. Use this month to really access what you do and don’t like about your home and what you want to chance in the new year once the holiday decorations come down. New paint color? New furniture? More storage?
- Wrap as you go! Not really a single task but more like a word of advice. Don’t wait to wrap ALL the gifts the night before the big day. Wrap stuff in smaller sessions!
- Leave a big tip. Make someone’s day and leave a bigger tip than normal or someone who went the extra mile to make your dining or service experience better than you expected. It’s especially welcomed in this season of big spending.
- Catch up on a movie series. Pitch Perfect #3 comes out this month in theaters so get in the singing mood and catch the first 2 which are bound to air on tv! Or if Stars Wars is more your thing, the newest one hits mid month.
- Recycle something into gift wrap. Have the kids decorate some kraft paper, save the comics from the Sunday newspaper or paint a box. Get creative with your gift wrap and make it fun!
- Create something from your Pinterest board. You’ve been hoarding great ideas for years so now is the time to try one out. Whether it’s a recipe or craft project or home décor idea, give it a try this month! Chances are it would make a great homemade gift idea!
- Work on your new year resolutions. Whether you will have a concrete set of goals or try that one word challenge, it’s time to think about the new year and how you’ll start fresh!