DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
It’s April! It’s finally a month that you know you’ll be outside more (of course besides those pesky April showers) so this month includes a mix of things to do both inside and out!
For the past 3 months I’ve shared a monthly post with 10 things to do to get you more organized to keep a more clean home. Follow below to see what’s in store for April!
- Make a yard to do list. What do you want to accomplish in your outdoor space? Finally get in on the recommended seeding/fertilizer schedule for your climate? Powerwash the front steps to remove all that mold and grime from last season?
- Buy an extra propane tank for the grill. We always have one. This way we can just swap what we have when our gas runs out (which is always in the middle of a grilling night when we’re super hungry or when we’re hosting friends) and refill the other tank at another time.
- Switch your windshield wipers. After a possibly rough winter season and accidentally chopping at icing windshields, your wipers might need a refresh.
- Try on your bathing suits. Probably 4 words no one wants to hear but really its the time to do it! You can see what fits to motivate you to get fit or see what is really so worn out that you definitely need a new suit for the upcoming summer season. (Pst – I have a post about bathing suit recommendations for moms I bought at Target coming up!)
- Clean the car. Go to a place or do it yourself (or ask your hubby to do it haha) but in any case, chances are by now, the car can use a good cleanup, both inside and out after a long winter!
- Do your taxes! Last month I reminded you to start collecting your tax documents so make sure you actually take the time to sit down and figure it out. You could be sitting on a nice refund check!
- Clean your shower head. April showers right? Next time you’re in the shower, look up. You might have some buildup on the outside of your shower head that could use some attention!
- Vacuum UNDER your area rugs and couches. In our house, we vacuum the main floor at least twice a week because… #toddlers. But about once a month I make sure to do a bigger vacuuming run by rolling up the area rugs and moving the couches to vacuum underneath. If you haven’t done either in a while, it’s time!
- Book your summer vacation! We learned the hard way last year that we waited too late to decide to do this. I’m happy to report that we just booked one and I can’t wait! If you’re looking for a beach house, get booking! If you’re traveling with a toddler, make sure to check out this post!
- Clean the window sills. On a nice day, open the windows and check out the dirt that lives in the sills.
So how are you doing on these lists? Have you accomplished most things or any things? Did you back up the pictures like I suggested in January? Have any suggestions on what to add to the May list?
Leave a Reply