Sangria is a perfect, light drink for a summer day! Like so many recipes, a sangria has plenty of room for flexibility and alternatives, depending on what you have on hand. The recipe shown here is a mix of one passed from Derek’s Aunt Toby and the alternative items we had on hand that Allie made for my baby shower! It was hit and she got lots of compliments on it!
- 3 bottles of Pinot Grigio
- 1.5 cups peach schnapps
- 6 shots triple sec
- 4 cans ginger ale (one is missing from the pic)
- 1/2 cup or less of sugar
- Cut up peaches and apples
- Don’t worry too much about the exact ingredients! The great thing about a sangria is that you can easily switch out a type of wine or fruit or mixer for something similar you have on hand. No ginger ale? Use sprite. No peaches? Use apples!
- Mix all the ingredients, minus the carbonated soda, the night before serving.
- We ended up adding another bottle of wine and more of each of the other ingredients the morning of since we thought we needed a bigger batch! Sangrias are really flexible like that! :)