Earth Day should be everyday so find ways to celebrate it with fun activities and treats! Learn how to make an easy semi homemade dirt cup treat and top it off with some heart earth toppers using my free SVG cut file! The file can be used for this craft, t-shirts or reusable tote bags!
DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy.
Earth Day isn’t something we necessarily celebrate in our home as a holiday but with my girls being at courage ages, we’ve been trying to do more activities that play up the reuse, recycle and grow aspect of caring for our planet. I thought it would be fun to welcome them home from a week of school with some Earth Day Dirt Cups as a treat. To make these treats extra special I used my Cricut to whip up some Earth Day toppers.
- Cardstock (blue, green, white)
- Cricut (I used my Maker but since this is just cardstock you can also use a Joy or Explore Air 2)
- Heart Earth SVG Cut File
- Chocolate pudding mix
- Cool Whip
- Clear Cups
- 1 Package of Oreo cookies
- Gummy Worms
- optional: Green chocolate shred (looks like grass!) and edible rocks
Upload your file to Cricut Design Space and fill your Cricut mats with the blue, green and white pieces of cardstock. Duplicate your heart as many times as you need for multiple heart.
Cut all your pieces using the “cardstock for intricate cuts” setting.
Use adhesive to layer and tape a toothpick on back to create your Earth Day topper and set aside.
Follow the directions on the pudding box to create your chocolate pudding. Put in fridge to set. Fold Cool Whip into the pudding to make it light and fluffy.
Throw some Oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag and use a meat mallet, rolling pin or any item of choice to pound them down to crumbs. These are both great steps to do with the kids!
Layer pudding, chocolate crumbs, and gummy worms. Sprinkle green shred and edible rocks on top.
Insert your heart Earth day topper to complete! Keep in the fridge until it’s time to eat.
These yummy treats are perfect to eat on April 22nd for Earth Day or any day to celebrate our special planet!
These toppers can of course be used for other desserts, including cupcakes!
Looking for more Earth Day inspiration? Check out these creations from my other craft friends, all with FREE svg cut files!
- Go It’s Ya Earth Day – The Craft Print
- I Am Not A Paper Cup – Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Happy Earth Day – Tam’s Sweet Life
- Yours Mine Ours – Sunshine and Munchkins
- Layered Earth Day Sign – Maggie Rose Design Co
- 3D Earth Mandala – Gina C. Creates
- Plant Life – Liz on Call
- Love Your Mother – Studio Xtine
- Earth Day Easel Card – The Bearded Housewife
- Happy Earth Day 2021 – Pen and Posh
- Love the Earth – Persia Lou
- Mother Earth Day – Red Earth & Gum Trees
- Leave it better – The Walnut Street House
- Flowery Earth – Oh Yay Studio
- Nuture Nature – Crafting Overload
- In a World Where You Can Be Anything Be Kind – Crafty Life Mom
- Earth Day Dirt Cups – Spot of Tea Designs
- Love the Earth – Simply Made Fun
- Earth Day Water Color – Poofy Cheeks
- Floral Globe – Persia Lou