Score major points with your all-star by throwing them a basketball party they’ll love! No need to spend big bucks to create an at home party that’s still big fun. See how to score nothing but net with these basketball party hacks that keep you on budget without losing your sweet party style!
DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy.
This basketball party was styled for a party supply site with lots of great ideas that work both for a birthday party or for your March Madness watching party.
- DIY your food display. When it comes to viewing your favorite sports team, there’s nothing better than seeing it live in stadium seating. Use this same train of thought when it comes to displaying your sports themed party food and create a DIY foam core food stand to showcase all the delicious options for your guests. I put this stand together with 2 sheets of foam core cut to the shaped seen above, hot glue and crepe paper streamers to cover the seams.
- Add a personalized tag – Something as a simple as a cellophane bag of treats can be made extra special, with the help of a coordinating tag. This slam dunk basketball favor tag is available as a general design that’s an instant download or you can add a personalization option so there’s one less thing to do as party prep.
- Dip it in chocolate. Colored chocolate can transform something instantly to fit your theme. Nutter Butter cookies and OREOs perfectly become referees and basketballs with the help of colored chocolate and some edible accessories.
- Mix specialty and basic candies. Specialty themed candy is great but can also be more expensive. Mix in regular candy to make it seem more full for a smaller cost.
- Anything circular can become a basketball. Mandarin oranges. Fruit cups. Lollipops. Add some lines with a Sharpie marker and they instantly become a great basketball party dessert table snack.
- Shop your Halloween décor box. Basketballs are orange and black, just like Halloween! See if any of your non gorey Halloween accessories can work for this party shoot. The collection of paper fans in the backdrop of this party scene are actually a Halloween style!