DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
Happy fall! Fall is such a magical time for kids filled of lots of outdoor adventures, exploring new tastes and flavors, and time with family. While it’s always great to get a beautifully posed shot, those candid photos where they aren’t looking or posing might be ones you’ll cherish for a lifetime. Everyone loves looking back at happy days gone by so check out this list of 8 candid photos of your kids to capture this fall!
Hayrides, apple cider donuts and hayrides are all fun with those staged shots with big smiles but I promise you’ll also love looking back at these candid photos of your kids which usually have their expressions written all over their face! And really take these prompts as candid photos to take every season!
- Enjoying the flavors – Apple cider donuts. Pumpkin pie. Take a photo before they dig in but also the aftermath with the messy faces.
- At play – Grab a shot of them with their favorite action toys. That look of concentration when doing a puzzle. Excitement when seeing leaves thrown in the air.
- At rest – It might seem silly to capture a photo of your child just sitting on the couch watching tv but looking back, you might miss that silly way they cross their legs or the stuffed animals they always had by their side for quiet time. These photos will help you remember these precious calming moments.
- Discovering nature – Watching a bug. Building floral crowns. Digging in the dirt. Hiking with a walking stick. In a corn maze. Watch them watch nature.
- Laughter – While these might be the blurriest photos you get due to lots of movement, capturing a silly happy moment and laughter is a beautiful thing!
- Outfits and hair styles – Plaid button ups. Overalls. Graphic t-shirts with funny phrases. Double French brands for the hayride. Loving their Halloween costumes. Capture their clothes in a non-posed shot that shows their style and nature attitude.
- Where are their feet – In a pile of leaves. In a bound of hay from a haymaze. Covered in cute Halloween socks. Do the overhead #whereIstand type photos you see on instagram or just zone in on those little piggies and what they’re doing this fall.
Tag me if you plan to try out this candid photo challenge!