DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
Today I turn another year old (and wiser?) Today I turn 37 and am now 3 years away turning Forty. Two years ago I launched my 40 Before Forty list so I thought it’d be fun to see how far I’ve come and what I have planned for the next 3 years to complete these wishes, dreams and simple tasks!
First, let’s review the tasks I was able to complete in the 2 years this list has been active. 9/40 Complete
- Go on an adults only vacation. DONE! My bestie Allie and I went to Savannah last May and had a great girls only trip! 5/2018
- Read Gone with the Wind… again. DONE! I’m named after it so I was due to read it again and did so by January 2018!
- Upgrade my DSLR camera and/or lens. DONE! I must’ve been a good girl as Santa brought me a new Canon 80D! 12/2017
- Book a professional photoshoot session. DONE! 10/2018 Last October we did a mini photo shoot for our Christmas cards. Loved the pics and think we’ll make it a yearly thing!
- Complete a physical challenge. DONE: I completed a 10 mile woman’s only race 10/2017
- Take a class to learn a new skill. DONE: Participated in a Paint and Sip experience with fellow NJ bloggers! 11/2017
- Pull off a big surprise! DONE! We were able to keep our Disney trip a surprise for the girls until we revealed it two days before we left!
- Treat myself to an expensive experience or splurge item. DONE! 12/2017 I bought a new Canon 80D camera!
- Start a new family tradition. DONE! 12/2018 This Christmas I decided to let each sister pick out a gift on their own (of course with guidance) to buy, wrap and give to the other sister. It was a hit and I plan to do it every year now!
Here are the 40 Before Forty tasks I have yet to cross off! Onto the excuses!
- Take a family road trip someplace we’ve never been before. Leave me a suggestion on where we should go!
- Renew and use my passport. UPDATE: Half complete! Derek and I have our new passports but have nowhere scheduled to go!
- Have a “YES” day with my kids. Haven’t given this a go yet but thinking the summer might be a fun time to attempt it!
- Visit 3 new states. Pretty sure I was an overachiever with this one! Check out the list of possible states I’d have to visit. I’ll be lucky if I get to ONE! Oregon, Washington, New Hampshire, Kentucky, New Mexico, Alabama, Lousiana, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, North Dakota, South Dakota, Indiana, Kansas, Arkansas, West Virginia, Alaska
- Officially stop biting my nails.
- Host a multi course dinner party with food made from scratch.
- Learn HTML so I can fix blog problems myself.
- Get finances in order and write a will. UPDATE: Derek has all our finances in order but we still need to do the will!
- Have a tech free day.
- Return to my pre-pregnancy weight. I joined the gym in the end of December and have been using the My Fitness Pal since the beginning of the year. I’m already down a few pounds and plan to keep it up!
- Be fit enough to wear a bikini again. See above!
- Go on a multi mile hike.
- Try a new hairstyle.
- Try sushi.
- Learn what the different knives in my kitchen are used for.
- Find a personal mantra.
- Watch the sunrise in a beautiful place.
- Binge watch a triology back to back to back. I do a lot of Netflix binging but haven’t technically done this with movie formats.
- Do something scary.
- Create a beauty routine that includes moisturizing.
- Create a flossing routine. UPDATE: I have been working to get this to become a habit more than an afterthought. I’m going to give it a few more months before confirming I’m on the way to making this routine! Thanks Dayna!
- Perfect a new craft. I mean I think I have my cross stitching skills down pat from all the stitch people type gifts I’ve been making the past few years but I also am itching to do a lot more with vinyl so I’ll add this as a contender.
- Learn how to grill. Derek did give me a demo about this last fall so I think I may give it a whirl when the weather is warmer!
- Publish something.
- Try 50 new recipes. UPDATE: I’m up to 22 of my 50 recipe goal! Once I hit 25 I’ll do a blog post showcasing them as there are many we’ve put into meal rotation.
- Learn a new makeup technique. I’ve heard Sephora does some free classes so I need to look into this as an option to learn something new.
- Volunteer my time somewhere. I do have a little more free time lately so this could be something that moves up on the list.
- Attend another blog conference.
- Complete 5 random acts of kindness. UPDATE: only completed 1 of 5. I need to be kinder apparently!
- Complete 5 random acts of mail!
- UPDATE: #1 package sent- Box of Sunshine
- #2 package sent – Booed our nieces with a printable from Dylbug
- #3 package sent – Wintertime Blues
- Try a trendy new gym class. I have joined a new gym but the classes aren’t part of my membership. Guess I’ll need to just test out a different gym or get invited to some special event to cross this off. I’d really like to try Pure Barre but there isn’t one super close!
Danielle Forrest says
You publish this blog all the time. I think that counts. And where is the love for Colorado on your states to visit!? You are doing great! Danielle
Spot of Tea Designs says
It was placed I hadn’t been before and I’ve been to Denver before when my friend lived there after college!