DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
By the end of the month the weather will be getting cooler, the leaves are starting to change and the autumn season is upon us! Celebrate this first month of fall by crossing some things off your to do list! Check out the 10 things to do in September!
This is month 9 of the year of organization. From apple picking to hayrides to all the Halloween stuff already in the store, what will you enjoy this September?
- Bake something with apples. It’s apple season so make sure to take advantage of this plentiful fruit and bake something apple filled to enjoy.
- Make an apple craft. The card above was made by 20 month old Hailey for her teachers as a teacher appreciation card but it’s apple in nature and be created this month too!
- Sort through your shoes. Chances are the weather is changing where in the beginning of the month it will be warmer than the end. You might be tempted to put away your summer shoes but do yourself a favor and donate the ones that you really didn’t wear all season. Same with the winter boots. The ones have in your closet might be scoffed or have holes so use this time to really sort through last year’s fashions and decide what you need to stock up on this year!
- Do something off your house to do list. Remember in January when I suggested you walk through your house and work up a to do list of things that need to get done. Whether it’s as small as patching up an old nail hole or bigger like repainting the dining room, this month is a good time to do it before the holiday chaos begins.
- Make a doctor’s appointment. Chances are you’re due for a dentist or doctor visit so go ahead and book it now. Trust me, in the weeks/months ahead everyone’s going to be trying to fit their last appointment in for the year for insurance reasons so get on it now!
- Clean under your kitchen sink. If you’re like me then that’s where you keep all your cleaning supplies. It’s time to go through them and see what’s low, what’s really old and just do a general inventory on what’s there.
- Hit the beach. At least in our neck of the woods, the off season month of September is still beautiful (and usually cheaper!) for beach time! It can still be 80 degrees and sunny with the warmest weather of the year! Here is my beach packing list when beaching it with toddlers!
- Game on! Host a game night. Whether it’s just you and the hubby, a family game night with the kids or a big match up with friends, break out the board games and have fun! Our favorites for one on one are Rack-O and Rummikub but Brielle my 4 year old loves Candyland and The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel!
- Call them. Pick up the phone and call whoever it is you’ve been meaning to connect with. Forget the texts, use your voice!
- Stop being lazy and JUST DO IT! Whatever “It” is in your life that you’re been putting off, just do it! The months ahead are going to be full of Halloween activities and family filled get togethers so use this month to get something done that you’ve been wanting to do all year.