DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which come at no cost to you. Know that I only promote products I personally use and stand behind. To learn more about my affiliates, please review my disclosure policy here.
Last year I put together our Elf on The Shelf schedule ahead of time for our then 2 year old, had the printable out on the counter and Derek and I were able to reference it each night. Yes, we used it as a guide and no, we didn’t follow it exactly to plan. And that’s ok! We did most of the fun activities I planned but the hiding places often changed, especially with dad taking a turn to be creative.
Brielle LOVED it, waking up asking “where’s the else (elf)” and Derek and I had fun hiding it each night. I loved having this thought out ahead of time so I once again created a free printable of our schedule this year for my now 3 year old and 1 year old! DOWNLOAD ELF ON THE SHELF PRINTABLE FOR A 3 YEAR OLD HERE or click the below image.
Follow me on Instagram to see some of the activities in action! Tag me if you are following along!
- NOVEMBER 25 – FIND THE ELF! Elf on the Shelf:A Christmas Tradition arrives with the book. (Hopefully in reading the book this year, Brielle understands how to name the elf.)
- NOVEMBER 26 – ACTIVITY! Handprint or Footprint craft. UPDATE: It started with a bubble wrap and paper tube printmaking exercise to which we later added a white footprint and it became a snowman in a winter snowstorm! She loved this hands on activity which was super easy to put together from recycled materials!
- NOVEMBER 27 – FIND THE ELF! Hanging from the ceiling fan.
- NOVEMBER 28 – FIND THE ELF! Hanging by the key rack.
- NOVEMBER 29 – ACTIVITY! Baking up a special treat. (It’s Derek’s birthday so we will bake him up something special!)
- NOVEMBER 30 – FIND THE ELF! Making a Christmas tree with streamers on the chandelier.
- DECEMBER 1 – FIND THE ELF! Cruising in a paper airplane. (I’m giving this task to Dad to create and set up!)
- DECEMBER 2 – ACTIVITY! Bubble Wrap Painting craft.
- DECEMBER 3 – FIND THE ELF! Caught up in a Slinky.
- DECEMBER 4 – ACTIVITY! Gingerbread people craft project.
- DECEMBER 5 – FIND THE ELF! Writing a message on the bathroom mirror.
Brielle is going to be so excited tomorrow morning when she wakes up to see the special treat the #elf worked up! Update: see IG stories for reaction! . . Need more #Elfontheshelfideas for 2 and 3 year olds? Check out the #linkinbio for my free printable. . . . . . #elfontheshelf #christmas #foodie #dessert #playwithyourfood #nomnomnom #marshmallows #snowman #scoutelfreturns #spotofteadesigns #freeprintable #printable #momlife #girlmom #toddlermom #toddlerlife
- DECEMBER 6 – FIND THE ELF! Making marshmallow snowmen. UPDATE: Here’s what the elf made, which was a HUGE hit!
- DECEMBER 7 – ACTIVITY! Making ornaments for the tree and for gifts! (check out these salt dough handprint ones!)
- DECEMBER 8 – FIND THE ELF! In the snack cabinet with a special holiday treat.
- DECEMBER 9 – ACTIVITY! Coffee filter craft.
- DECEMBER 10 – FIND THE ELF! Stuck in a tall glass in the glassware cabinet.
- DECEMBER 11 – ACTIVITY! Encourage a Christmas sing along.
- DECEMBER 12 – FIND THE ELF! Wearing someone else’s clothes.
- DECEMBER 13 – FIND THE ELF! Setting up a photoshoot! (Stationed with Brielle’s VTech Kidizoom Camera asking to have her picture taken.)
- DECEMBER 14 – ACTIVITY! Making cookies with mom. (These are delicious and highly recommended with a toddler!)
Woke up this morning and our elf put santa hats on all our photos on the living room gallery wall! (PS there may or may not be wine bottles holding up the Santa hats on the table 😉🎅🍷) . . . . . #elfontheshelf #elfontheshelfideas #toddleractivities #spotofteadesigns #elf #santahats #gallerywall #christmasdecorations #momlife #girlmom #mommyblogger #sahmlife #toddlerlife
- DECEMBER 15 – FIND THE ELF! Drawing faces or putting hats on our family photos.
- DECEMBER 16 – FIND THE ELF! In the fridge
- DECEMBER 17 – ACTIVITY! Christmas themed contact paper play! (Check out ones we’ve done before with other themes.)
- DECEMBER 18 – FIND THE ELF! Hanging from the microwave handle.
- DECEMBER 19 – ACTIVITY! Felt Christmas Trees.
- DECEMBER 20– FIND THE ELF! In someone’s shoe.
- DECEMBER 21 – FIND THE ELF! Riding in a toy car or on the back of a stuffed animal.
- DECEMBER 22 – ACTIVITY! Wrapping paper craft.
- DECEMBER 23 – FIND THE ELF! Building a tower with blocks.
- DECEMBER 24 – FIND THE ELF! Once again the Elf will arrive with new pajamas for the girls.
Make sure to check out my Elf on the Shelf ideas for a 2 year old for more ideas!